The Britax Roundabout 55 convertible car seat accommodates children rear facing from 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing from 20 to 55 pounds.
The Roundabout 55 is designed and engineered to minimize the forward movement of your child’s head during a frontal impact to reduce the risk of head injury with revolutionary Britax head safety technologies. The Roundabout 55 also incorporates Britax side impact protection to contain the head and body and protect from the most severe types of crashes. Additionally, the five-point harness is tangle-free and the multiple buckle and recline positions, comfort pads, and infant body pillow provide premium comfort and positioning.
Compare all five of our Best Convertible Car Seat Reviews.
Britax Roundabout 55 Review
- Base with safecell technology designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated steel bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy absorbing versa-tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement
- Side impact protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Made in the USA, seven-year life, and backed by a manufacturer’s limited one-year warranty
To see the current price and additional Britax Roundabout 55 reviews, check it out here.